This page describes the role, qualifications, and approval process for coach certification mentor coaches. The team of mentor coaches is the heart of the True Purpose® Coach Community.
To provide leadership and guide coaches through the certification process and determine when they are complete.
A mentor coach is a leader and guide who supports coaches through the certification program and determines when they are complete.
- Coaches move through the certification process efficiently and successfully
- Coaches become more proficient and confident at finding people’s purpose
- Coaches feel supported in moving through the certification process
- Coaches who desire it and have the necessary skills become qualified as mentor coaches
- Mentor coaches grow as leaders, coaches and facilitators
- The program scales and grows
- There are more coach trainings and more people qualified to lead them
- More certified coaches
- More mentor coaches
- More trained coaches
- More people find and live their purpose
- A source of trained workshop leaders
- Mentor coaches are fairly compensated for their time, expertise and enrollment skills
- Referral fees for coaches and mentor coaches
- Passive income for Tim
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help coaches get clear about how the certification process works
- Support coaches to be accountable for themselves and each other
- Be accountable for the progress of the coaches they mentor
- Provide expertise to certifying coaches
- Train and qualify new mentor coaches (Note – currently no training, just qualifying)
- Monitor the progress of coaches towards certification
- Evaluate coaches and determine when they are certified
- Provide leadership of the program
- Lead monthly certification calls for their certifiers
- Mentor coaches are qualified to take individuals through the Purposeful Coach Training on a 1-1 basis
- The coach is a Certified True Purpose Coach.
- The coach has successfully coached a minimum of 20 clients (paid or unpaid) to find their purpose, using direct access methods.
- A ratio of at least 80% success (clients who received purpose information from a trusted source out of total direct access purpose clients attempted)
- The coach’s own True Purpose coaching has been directly observed and found to be strong by Tim or a Mentor Coach (e.g. via audio or auditing of a client session, evaluation by Tim or Lead Coach at a workshop, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching skills – e.g., experience as a teacher, trainer, group coach, mentor coach in other coaching programs, etc. (Coach can challenge this requirement in their application or interview.)
- Has contributed UNPAID time to the True Purpose Community beyond the single workshop assisting required for Certification – e.g. assisted in multiple workshops, actively participated on a design team, etc.
- Willing to commit at least one year of service as a paid Mentor Coach in the True Purpose Certification Program.
- Candidate fills out an application that includes the above questions and a detailed explanation of why the coach wants to be a True Purpose Mentor Coach.
- Recommendation by their mentor coach (from their certification process)
- An explanation of how being a mentor coach aligns with their purpose. If it’s not a direct expression of your purpose, how is it purposeful for you?
- Trusted Source approval – per verbatim transcript
- Unanimous approval by Tim and all other Mentor Coaches on the coach’s suitability for the position.
- If less than 100% alignment from Tim and other Mentor Coaches and/or questions arise from answers on the coach’s application, hold a conference call with the applicant, Tim and all other concerned mentor coaches (at least one).
- 100% alignment must follow this interview.
- If the group does not align, the candidate is given specific feedback about what must change in order to achieve approval.
Mentor Coach Application
Application form to join the mentor coach team: